Monday, August 4, 2014

A Call From Children's of Alabama

I received a call today from Children's of Alabama in Birmingham.  They have reviewed Maci's medical records and have agreed to evaluate her.  We will drive to Birmingham  the day before and on Monday, September 15th, we will meet with the multidisciplinary team which includes, transplant surgeons, nephrologists, transplant RNs, coordinators, nutrition, social workers, etc.....the whole kit and kaboodle.  Later that day we will meet with the Neuro/Psych physician.
This is ONLY an evaluation.  This is not a guarantee for transplant and I am pretty sure they will not let us know their decision that day.  Of course I will update when we do learn of their decision.
It wasn't long that we had to wait to hear from the docs in Memphis but I am not sure how similar the two hospitals are in how they do things.

I will be at peace with whatever the outcome!       

I had wondered a time or two if I was going to hear anything from either hospital where Maci's medical records had been sent.  I kept with the thought that whatever is right for Maci will happen. 
 
There have been soooo many things today that I've encountered where God is saying "I'm here!  I am in this!" 

Please keep us in your prayers that whatever decision is made for Maci that it is yet another awesome addition to her testimony.  There is so much involved with a future transplant for her due to the complications of antibodies from her first transplant.  I don't expect anything to be simple.  Nothing has ever been simple when it comes to Moo.  I do expect her to receive her next kidney when the time is right and at the hospital that is right.  

 
to each and everyone who follow Maci and 
offer prayers and support for my family.  
We appreciate you all SO much!!!  

Maci did a little 4 wheelin' with Dad this past weekend. 






1 comment: