Tuesday, October 13, 2015

ENT Visit - Follow Up from Sleep Study

Maci saw the ENT yesterday as a follow up from her sleep study at the end of July.  She does NOT need to have her tonsils removed.  YAY!

For surgery, they give you a rating.  Before surgery is even considered you should be a 5 or higher.  The ENT said that realistically, most adults are an 8.  Maci is only a 6.  He feels that there are many more risks involved with putting Maci through a surgery and removing her tonsils and adenoids than to leave things as they are.

Her episodes of apnea were very mild and the longer one she had was a central apneic episode.  Central sleep apnea results from your brain not sending the proper signals to the muscles that control your breathing. Her other few episodes were obstructive sleep apnea, which is when you can't breathe normally because of upper airway obstruction.   I asked about the central sleep apnea and if I should be concerned or if she needed to go back to her neurologist sooner and he said no, it wasn't something that I should worry about.  Wheeeeew.

Maci is still maintaining stable labs and remains off dialysis.  It's been 10 months and I am thankful for each and every day that she's had of freedom from that machine.  =)  She is still my happy, joyful child that amazes me every single day.

Here are are few pics that I've snapped over the last couple of months.  We hope everyone is doing great. 
Hugs and love.
I can never get her to look toward the camera but she rarely hesitates to smile.   
 
My Batgirl at Zoo Boo, benefiting Le Bonheur.



No comments:

Post a Comment